Thursday 8 May 2014

To Do Listing

I've decided to start writing to do lists every single day. There have been so many times when I've come to the end of the day and I've realised I forgot to do something that needed to be done, because I get distracted with trying to rest and look after myself. Don't get me wrong - those things are just as important, but I still like to stay on top of my life and my commitments.

Another reason I think I'll benefit from it is so that I can pace myself. There are four categories I want to tick off every day: school, home, exercise, and self. If I do something strenuous for self, like go to a movie with friends, I'll balance out everything else to make sure that I don't push myself to a point where I can't bounce back the next day. As long as I do something each day from each of those categories, no matter how small, I'll be content and happy with my day.

My To Do List for today is:
write notes on amines and carboxylic acids for Chemistry
do one hour of English folio writing
vacuum bedroom
do 1/2 hour on recumbent bike
bake almond maple granola for breakfasts

I also like the idea of being able to physically tick things off the list, so that even though some days it feels like I'm good for nothing, I can see that I'm achieving a few small things each day that add up.

Do you write to do lists? Do you think they help you stay organised and feel achievement?

Hope you have a great day!
Bridge

No comments:

Post a Comment