Friday 18 April 2014

Struggling with POTS

Today, as expected, I wasn't feeling well. I had a really big night going to see Hugh and the band, and it's going to take me a while to recover.
I think that's the most annoying thing about POTS - how quickly it can all change. Earlier this year I was doing really really well; getting school work done, seeing my friends, doing my exercise program. But this past week I've had a really bad stomach infection, and it's pretty much resulted in the last three months of progress completely deteriorating. I'm back to getting dizzy all the time and getting a major headache, getting nauseous when I eat or drink and constantly having concentration and word recall problems.I mean it's not my fault and I know that - a stomach infection is technically always a risk when you eat out, but it just sucks that I'm going to have to spend the next three months working up to a point that I was at just two weeks ago.
I struggle quite a lot with staying positive with POTS, I guess. I'm glad I went to the concert though, it was so much fun spending some time with my mum and sister and the music was phenomenal. And now that school is on holidays I'll be able to see my friends a lot more anyway, and just spend the next couple of weeks recuperating. Baby steps, Bridge. You'll get there!
Anyway, hope you have a great day! Also please comment! I'd love to know your thoughts/have a chat with some of you. See ya!
Bridge

No comments:

Post a Comment