Tuesday 19 August 2014

Ballin'


With POTS you have to miss out on a lot of social stuff, no matter how hard you push yourself you just can't make everything. In fact from experience, pushing myself has just made me miss out on more. 

So when I decided I was going to my school's midwinter ball this year, I knew I needed a game plan. I rested for the weeks leading up to it, so that I didn't tire myself out before it began. I got ready with my friends, and then went home and rested while everyone went to pres, and we all met up again at the ball. I planned everything ahead of time so that I wouldn't be stressing. Oh, and of course, I had A LOT of salt. 

But it was all worth it in the end! I got pictures, I saw all of my friends, and I had my boyfriend looking after me and watching out for me the entire time. I couldn't quite make it out on the dance floor - the standing up and loud music was just too much for me - but I still had a fantastic time!

Now I'm experiencing the aftermath, of course. I knew I'd feel terrible afterwards (this is the worst I've felt POTS-wise in quite a while), but I made the decision to go for it. Sometimes you just have to choose your battles, and being able to look at ball pics with a smile on my face makes it completely worth it.

What battle are you conquering this week?

Good luck, 
Bridge

 

No comments:

Post a Comment